Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Operation Ajax

A new kind of graphic novel by Cognito Comics Operation Ajax is about the CIA and British sponsored 1953 Coup in Iran.

At the time of writing this article the Preamble and Chapter 1 are free as is also the App itself free. Chapters 2 and 3 are 99 cents each and well worth the cost. Both chapters downloaded fairly quickly and easily over my Rogers 3G network, and a good thing too because I wouldn't have been happy if I had to wait for a wifi connection.

This novel was written for the iPad and as such contains many interactive elements heretofore unheard of in the world of graphic novels. As with any ebook on the ipad tapping to the right of center turns the page and tapping to the left goes back one page. In this novel tapping right of center brings the next frame of the comic. Also, one can tap a blinking object or person to access a real life photo or some biographical data reinforcing the fact that this story is based in fact.

There was no question for me, when I got to the end of chapter 1 I had to download and read chapter 2 and the same with chapter 2. I can't wait until they release chapter 4, and keep wondering if I should go back to the app store to check on it. There is a way within the app to check if a new chapter is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre