Monday, January 26, 2009

On top of Spaghetti -- kids' song

On top of Spaghetti, all covered with cheese,
I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed.

It rolled off the table, and onto the floor,
And then my poor meatball rolled out of the door.

It rolled down the garden, and under a bush,
And then my poor meatball was nothing but mush!

The mush was as tasty, as tasty could be,
And then the next summer it grew into a tree.

The tree was all covered, all covered with moss,
And on it grew meatballs, all covered with sauce.

So if you have spaghetti, all covered with cheese,
Hold onto your meatball, 'cause someone might sneeze.

Tonight, Abigail has a fever and since Rosie stayed up most of last night with her I decided I'd stay up tonight. This song came to my mind, not sure the reason but it seems to bring pleasant memories along with it and it IS necessary as Abigail doesn't want to be merely rocked, she also needs some reassuring sounds to help her relax into sleep.

I found the lyrics at the NIEHS website along with a tune that plays automatically when the page loads (I don't like the fact that it's automatic, but) so you can figure out how to sing the lyrics, if you cannot remember the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre