Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Counting down!

Yes, that's right! I'm finished regular school on Friday December the 12th, 2008! Only three days of school left! I'm not sure if I will find anything but I'm willing to do some extra work during the the holidays (winter camps as they call them here and such like).

My next day of regular work will be on Monday March the 2nd, 2009. But I won't be coming back to this high school. Two years of teaching burned out high school students was more than enough.

My plan for the holidays is to enjoy some time at home with the wife and kids. In the past few years I've been traveling endlessly and wishing I could stop. Finally, my wish has come true. I won't rule out a trip to the Philippines, because it might be possible but it seems unlikely for a few reasons.

First, we just don't have any cash. The Korean won has tanked:

1 U.S. dollar = 1 430.61516 South Korean won

It used to be a much more advantageous 1 U.S. dollar = 1000 Won!

Second, the only reason to go the Philippines right now is to collect Rowena and bring her here to live with us, but the Korean government is pretty strict about their visa regulations and my name doesn't appear anywhere on her birth certificate. So, we will have Rosie's sister send us Rowena's birth certificate and I will go to immigration and request a visa but I have a feeling they will tell me that it isn't possible to sponsor her into the country.

I am sad that we must continue to live without Rowena for the time being, but at least I get to finally relax at home for the first holiday in about three years. Phew! I get to stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre