Friday, October 10, 2008

82,691 KM

Abigail's first picture in our new, new to us, car. 

Got the car. Kia Pride 1996. Filled her up with 32.7 litres which cost 56,000 won (last week that was about 56 bucks, I don't want to think about how much it is worth now). The fuel light was on which suggests to me that the fuel gage is not accurate. Could it really only have a capacity of 35 litres? 

I hope the car holds together for a bit as I dropped 400 bucks on it. Anyway, it seems to be in good condition. The oil on the dipstick was golden brown and it looks to have been very well kept by an elderly gentleman who is losing his sight.

Now to start measuring it's mileage (kilometerage, er . . ., fuel economy).

My last car was a Hyundai Elantra of the same year which had 200,000 km on it when I bought it. It lasted a little over 2 years (about 35,000 km of my own driving).

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre