Saturday, April 26, 2008

Truthiness in the 'Colbert Bump'

Scientist Finds Truthiness in the 'Colbert Bump' | LiveScience: "With the intense competition between the two contenders for the Democratic presidential nomination, pundits have mused over whether Hillary Clinton’s appearance on 'The Colbert Report' last night will give the former First Lady a so-called 'Colbert bump,' a surge in popularity which the show’s host claims will accrue to any politician that appears on the show."

I've been trying to catch Colbert on a regular basis but since I have no television that's not a good source. Also, the website dedicated to showing clips of the TV show is just the shits and needs to be reloaded all the time or it stutters and stops forever! So, naturally I do the torrent thing . . .

Anyway, I think Colbert is pretty hilarious. I imagine his show is kind of like the whole "wrestling is real" phonomenon that ten-year-old kids go through only I wouldn't be surprised if some full grown adults actually believe that wrestling is real and sadly, so sadly I think some people watch Colbert but don't get most of his jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre