Monday, March 31, 2008

Everybody needs a pen or pencil today.

Teaching Korean High School is a challenge (some might suggest that it's the shits).

Things are settling down to normal today at the High School. Students
that are 16, 17 and 18 years old actually come to my class without a
notebook, without a pen or pencil, and they just won't be quiet long
enough for me to say more than a couple of words to the class.

The ones that actually brought a pen won't write their name on a
worksheet until I walk up to them and tell them to write it down. Even
though, I have a sample worksheet projected on the classroom wall
showing them that I want them to write their name, student number, and
class number on their worksheet, they still don't do it until I walk
up to them and watch them do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre