Friday, March 02, 2007

Blogumentary

One more, must see, video for you folks.



This film
"playfully explores the many ways blogs are influencing our media, our politics, and our relationships. Personal political ... writing is the foundation of our democracy, but mass media has reduced us to passive consumers instead of active citizens. Blogs return us to our roots and reengage us in democracy. Shot in candid first-person style by director Chuck Olsen."


-- this quote was virtually unedited from the blurb that accompanies the video on google video.

This is pretty inspirational for a grass-roots take on the blogosphere. Never mind the fact that I have absolutely no connections with the blogosphere beyond the very basic reality that I'm a blogger on blogger, and I rarely write about politics, I just can't stomach the bullshit, I'm still interested in finding other peoples' views on social interactions and connections.

Unlike Chuck Olsen and many other bloggers, I haven't met anybody that I would consider a friend as a result of my blogging, maybe I never will, but I have found that some of my close friends use my blog to keep up on my personal news and maybe they find resources that they like here too.

Anyway, this video is worth watching if you are thinking about blogging or thinking about thinking about blogging or thinking about thinking about thinking about blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre