Tuesday, March 13, 2007

BBC's The Great Global Warming Swindle -- Video

Thanks Kevin for sliding this my way.

Not to mention that stick shift video that I'd put up except that I don't want to have an X rated blog.

This video is an interesting look at how the whole global warming movement(why do I want to capitalize those two words?) could well be more political than scientific.

The religion of science?

This whole global warming business has become a religion. And people who disagree are called heretics, the makers of this program are all heretics.


Although, this statement alone is not enough to put the global warming thingy into question, it certainly is a good reason to watch the movie and decide for yourself -- which set of experts shall I put my faith into?

If the embeded video below doesn't play check out this link to:
The Great Global Warming Swindle




On the one hand, I really like the popular talk about global warming. Big factories and ridiculously copious use of fossil fuels just for fun should be a morally dubious thing. We should think about our effect on the world, not to mention the many species that we are thoughtlessly destroying and the ugliness that we are perpetrating everywhere.

On the other hand, it seems somewhat humorous to me that we believe we are the most important factor in the health of our world. Aren't we getting a bit carried away with ourselves? Like a daydream where we see ourselves as the hero that saves the day. I can't help but think that we are giving ourselves too much credit. But I must say that I am pleased at the way things are shaping up with the governments of the world searching for more 'green' ways to run an economy.

Let's not forget that the 'developing' countries are going to suffer from our greening policy. Their own economic growth will have to proceed at a slower pace because we have finally woken up and decided that the way we developed our economies was the wrong way. And so the poor continue to be poor, as we set up more barriers to their economic independence in the name of global warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre