Sunday, December 10, 2006

Typhoon Utor -- No Worries

Before people start sending emails and messages to me about the recent news in the Philippines.
Hey don't worry. But please do feel free to send me a message of some sort. I've actually been debating whether or not to post this, as I'm pretty sure it will deter people from contacting me. Anyway I don't agree with the old maxim: "No news is good news."

Typhoon Utor is having very little impact on Kalibo where my girls are residing. Today (Sunday that is) they are experiencing a black out but that is hardly unusual for their area. And, of course, it is raining a lot as it tends to do during rainy season. To watch the news it looks as if all of the Philippines is being devastated, but all is fine for most Filipinos.

As for me. I'm just passing the time today watching episodes from Lonelygirl15 on YouTube and trying out Torrent Portal and IsoHunt for downloading a few movies, that I already own, but don't feel like copying for myself. Both websites are quite slow but they get the job done.

Don't forget that you will need a software program to handle the downloading process before you click to download any of the torrents! Here's uTorrent (micro torrent?). It seems to be a pretty user friendly one. I couldn't get most of the speed test websites to work but one in Thailand seemed to be pretty accurate and fast setting my speed at about 3.5 megabits per second and the uTorrent started working more efficiently after that.

They are much slower than Blueyoyo.com for downloading but slower is better in this case because first of all the torrents are free and secondly, I really do not want to have access to all of that (TV and etc.) so easily. I could spend 10 hours a day watching the stuff I download from Blueyoyo but now I am watching more of what I want to watch and only 1 or 2 hours a day.

Stuff like, the 1966 cartoon version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", that I remember watching so many times at just about this time of the year, is currently filling my time . And the Harry Potter movies that have so far been released are being burned to a back up DVD as I write this post. Not to mention heaps of other stuff like "A girls guide to 21st Century sex" that comes in 8 parts, the last 2 of which have not yet been released.

I am most decidedly not downloading the new Bond film as I have not yet had a chance to purchase the DVD but when I do, I most certainly will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre