Friday, July 07, 2006

Tomato and Cheese Sandwiches

I seriously doubt that I'll ever forget about the fabulous tomato and cheese sandwich but you can never tell, I almost forgot about it since cheese is so hard to come by in Korea and the Philippines.

  • Fresh Vine-Ripened tomatoes
  • Old Cheddar (but Australian Bega and an assortment of other cheeses will do the trick, don't even think about using processed cheese I'm a purist at heart)
  • Mayonaisse
  • freshly cracked or ground peppercorns (regular pepper will do but it isn't the same)
  • fresh bread

That's it! I tried throwing in some bacon, but the stuff they call bacon in Korea just doesn't have a real bacon taste. Anyway the pure taste of tomatoes and cheese on a thick layer of mayo and fresh bread is incomparable. Bacon would only complicate the flavour.

I've been so busy for the past month that this is all that I've had the chance to 'cook' in about 40 days. That's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre