Friday, July 07, 2006

GamjaTang

GamJaTang or 감자탕 is literally 'Potato soup' but in reality it rarely contains many potatoes. Instead it is pig spine soup with heaps of spices and a delicious mix of vegetables.

The better quality restaurants call it BweoDaGwei JeonGol or 뼈다귀전골. I had the opportunity of eating this upper scale variety the other night with a my school staff. It was truly incredible. The heap of bones in my castaway bowl were gleaming white and clean as I couldn't stomach the idea of leaving one morsel of meat, tendon or grisle from that incredible soup behind.

This was my first experience of eating the upscale version and I don't think I will go back to the old GamJaTang unless of course it's 4am and I need that little pick me up that will keep me awake until the buses start running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre