Monday, December 26, 2005

fAn open letter to Gwendoline Van Dyk and the teachers of JaRam and JukJeon JaYeon

Presently Gwendoline Van Dyk is the Head Teacher in charge of Mrs. Oh's two main ESOL English Hagwon schools in Suji and JukJeon.

Greetings Gwen,

I just thought it would be a good idea for everybody at the two schools to be fully aware of the fact that your doctorate certificates (all 3 of them) come from a university that does not exist, does not currently, and never has had, the right to award a degree to anybody.


The university's name is Saint Regis University if you click on the link below you can read all about the history of this diploma mill and the fate of several North American teachers who committed fraud by claiming to have doctorates from this ill-reputed institution:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_regis_university

Saint Regis University claims to be a university based in Liberia and with accreditation from the Liberian government. The school issues degrees based on "life experience" instead of having to take actual classes.

According to the list of unaccredited institutions of the Office of Degree Authorization of the state of Oregon, Saint Regis University is a diploma mill, which "falsely asserts" Liberian and Indian government approval, and actually operates "mainly from State of Washington but may have operations elsewhere". The Oregon office also describes James Monroe University as "the new home of the St. Regis University scam".



Recently I was talking to some of the JukJeon English teachers and I heard about a new contract that they were told they should sign. The new contract contains a section called "Scandalous Behaviour" or something of that sort.

I have not had a chance to read this clause yet, but I suspect that committing fraud for a higher salary and to have 'PhD' on your business card would be behaviour that might be considered scandalous. Did you sign a similar contract, I wonder.

In any case, hopefully, you won't have to be prosecuted for fraud before you pay Mrs. Oh back that portion of your salary that was given to you because of your doctorate degrees.

I have not looked into the institution that granted you your Bachelor of Education but I assume it is a reputable organization. So, you are indeed qualified to teach in Korea.

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Sean

By the way, you may be wondering why I have copies of your fake degrees. I was the one that hired you for Mrs. Oh. I made a mistake there. I really should have looked twice at your application but when I saw you had a B.Ed I didn't bother looking any farther.

Just for future job hunting reference:

If I had noticed that you had 3 doctorates I would have never gotten in touch with you. Doctorates are not easy to get and I think you would be exceptionally hard put to find anybody that has three doctorates let alone 2 doctorates! Unless of course they were purchased online for 200 to 600 dollars. I would never have even considered hiring you if I had noticed the first time I saw your application that you were in possession of 3 doctorates.

Also, I was able to have a chat with Mrs. Oh and together we drafted a much better letter of reference than the one you wrote for me. But thanks for the effort.

Anybody else reading this post, please pass it on to other teachers who are involved with Mrs. Oh or send me their email address and I'll make sure they get a chance to read it.

Exhibit A:
An open letter to Gwendoline Van Dyk and the teachers of JaRam and JukJeon JaYeonExhibit B:
An open letter to Gwendoline Van Dyk and the teachers of JaRam and JukJeon JaYeon
Exhibit C:
An open letter to Gwendoline Van Dyk and the teachers of JaRam and JukJeon JaYeon
Exhibit D:
An open letter to Gwendoline Van Dyk and the teachers of JaRam and JukJeon JaYeon

Anybody that is interested in helping to rid the world of these fake doctorates is invited to pay the fee online and publish the results. I am very sorely tempted to get one of these degrees issued to me just so I can help Mrs. Oh be rid of this fraud, but I don't want to waste the money.

Categories: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

banner in centre