Saturday, October 30, 2004

To My Friends


friends
Originally uploaded by seaniz.

To all of my friends. You are amazing! I cannot express this properly, but I will try my best. Without you, my life would be bleak and unlivable. You have had to put up with me through some very rough times, and as far as I can tell, without a great deal of payback either. To those of you that are still receiving a monthly stipend from my parents please stop cashing the checks as my parents are on a tight budget right now, I'm sure they will make good on all checks by April or May of next year. To my friends that stopped cashing the checks a few months ago this is for you:
Love and Friendship
by Emily Jane Brontë

Love is like the wild rose-briar,
Friendship like the holly-tree --
The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms
But which will bloom most constantly?
The wild-rose briar is sweet in the spring,
Its summer blossoms scent the air;
Yet wait till winter comes again
And who will call the wild-briar fair?
Then scorn the silly rose-wreath now
And deck thee with the holly's sheen,
That when December blights thy brow
He may still leave thy garland green.

1 comment:

  1. Nice website--imaginative, humorous, touching. Maybe I'll find a suitable font and type the poem to include among displayed Christmas cards and decorations this year. And Sean, I'm pretty sure other friends would agree with me that they've had 'payback' from you. For us, most recently it came in the form of a furry little black thing with flashing green eyes. She has been good for us, as we're sure we have been for her. So you see, these payback things sometimes work in a funny way, kind of sneaking up on a person (meow). Thanks for trusting us. You made the right choice. Love and hugs, Sheila XO

    ReplyDelete

banner in centre